Please see below the key steps to caring for your flowers on arrival and making them last:
- Cut around 3-4cm off your stems at an angle.
- Remove all leaves from the stem that will be touching the water they will be placed in.
- Keep your blooms out of direct sunlight.
- Replace your flowers water every 3 days (every 2 days in warm weather).
- Trim your stems again 2-3cm every 3 or 4 days.
- Enjoy your blooms!
Some more specific instructions for different flower types:
- Hydrangeas – if they are looking a little tired on arrival or in the first couple of days run a sink or bucket of really cold water and dunk the heads in and leave them for up to an hour. Return them too their vase and watch them bloom!
- Roses – if roses begin to look a little brown remove the outer petals (the guard petals) and they’ll look good as new!